It’s so beautifully arranged on the plate – you know someone’s fingers have been all over it. ~Julia Child
I’m sure many of you have seen this recipe before and have even made it, but this past Christmas we bought a honey baked ham from the original Honeybaked Ham Company. So rather than use deli ham for this recipe, I used honey baked ham and it was so unbelievably delicious!
- I package of 12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons of poppy seeds
- ½ pound good quality deli ham
- 8 sliced of swiss cheese
- Melt butter in a small skillet and add the onions.
- Combine mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds into onions and butter. Simmer for several minutes.
- Slice the rolls as a group lengthwise and place bottoms in an aluminum foil lined 9 x 13 pan.
- Spread ¾ of onion mixture on the rolls in the foil.
- Lay the deli ham on top of the rolls.
- Then put the sliced cheese on top of the ham.
- Top with the roll tops.
- Spread the remaining onion mixture over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate or freeze until ready to bake. (Thaw in the refrigerator before baking, if it's been frozen)
- Bake covered with foil for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or if it's coming directly from the refrigerator to the oven, then bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
The original recipe calls for using the Hawaiian Sweet Rolls for a reason. It honestly will not be nearly as delicious with any other bun or roll.
After lining your 9 x 13 pan with foil, place your sliced rolls into the pan.
Prepare the onion mixture in a skillet or small pan.
Then spread about 3/4 of it on the rolls. I don’t cut any of the rolls into serving pieces until after it’s baked and ready to serve.
Although Mr. Cottage and I eat this for dinner or lunch, it’s also great to take to parties and to serve to a crowd. Make plenty because everyone will come back for seconds!
I’m sharing at the following: A Morning Cup of Joe, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Talk of the Town, BWT, Share Your Cup, DIY Like A Boss, Create It Thursday, Inspiration Thursday, Thursday Favorite Things, Your Inspired Design, Elizabeth and Co., My Flagstaff Home, A Tray of Bliss, Share It One More Time, Saturday Sparks, Thoughts From Alice, DIY Sunday Showcase, The Inspiration Gallery, Tatertots and Jello, The Sits Girls, AKA Design, Inspire Me Monday, Finding Silver Pennies, DIY ShowOff, I Should Be Mopping The Floor, Busy Monday, Amaze Me Monday, Something To Talk About, The Scoop, Cozy Little House, A Stroll Thru Life, Show and Share, Lou Lou Girls, Project Inspired, Tuesdays At Our Home, Wow Us Wednesdays, Whimsy Wednesdays, Elizabeth and Co.,