If your personal information changes, you can update your information by emailing us with the updated information of by clicking the “update subscription preferences” link at the bottom of all our emails. If at any time you desire to discontinue receiving our emails and updates, you can email us or click on the “unsubscribe from this list”. Unsubscribing from our list will prevent us from sending you our new content and updates via email and will impact your ability to access our Member’s Only Library.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website:
- Email Address
- Your business name (if any)
- Any personal info you post on the site
- Info about how you use our site
- Your marketing and communications preferences
- Technical data such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit, pages visited, how often you use the site, technical info about the types of device used to visit
- Any other information that you directly provide to us through our subscriber form, by email or otherwise by providing comments on the site
Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. You may link your Facebook, Instagram and/or Google accounts to your user profile. If you choose to link Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account. The Website utilizes the Facebook commenting system, so if you choose to comment on a Website post, your profile picture will appear.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
- To operate and maintain the Website
- To notify you about changes to the Website
- To send you promotional information such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our site when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To respond to your comments or inquires
- To monitor the usage of our site
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the our site, to provide the site functions on our behalf, to perform site-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our site is used.
These third parties have access to your personal info only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of the Website. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We may use third-party service providers to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our site.
- Gourmet Ads
OPT-OUT for information about opting out of Gourmet Ads and ad serving partners please visit https://www.gourmetads.com/about/privacy-policy
- Affiliate Program Participation
The Website engages in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookies will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
The Red Painted Cottage is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
In addition, the Website also participates in the following affiliate marketing programs:
Commission Junction http://www.cj.com/
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our site, to provide the site functions on our behalf, to perform site-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our site is used.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Last Updates: June 1, 2018
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identities a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies That We Use
Cookies Used By Our Service Providers
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however take a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers at this link: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
You can view our full disclosure here:
Thank you so much for visiting our site, we hope this information has been helpful to you.
Last updates: June 1, 2018