This is, by far, the best grilled chicken recipe that we’ve eaten. I know there are lots of different ways to make chicken on a grill, but this is so easy and simple that I just have to share it with you. I got this recipe years ago, and we’ve made it so many times when we’ve entertained, as well as for just our family.
“Grilling takes the formality out of entertaining. Everyone wants to get involved.” ~Bobby Flay
Grilled Chicken Recipe…
Tips for grilling to perfection…
- To start with, it’s best using a grill with a cover.
- Make sure the charcoal is good and hot before putting the chicken onto the grill.
- Don’t put the chicken directly over the charcoal. Mr. Cottage tries to have the charcoal on one side of the grill and the chicken on the other side.
- Keep turning the chicken pieces every 5 minutes or so, and when not turning, keep the grill covered to keep the heat in.
- DO NOT begin to baste the chicken until it’s actually cooking.
If all you have is a gas grill, no problem. Mr. Cottage is basting the almost-finished chicken above on our gas grill, but at the cottage he uses charcoal.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. If you purchase any product through this site, I may be compensated, but you do not pay one penny more.